Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BRYNMAWR WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, BETWS-Y-COED;BETTWSYCOED

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 6730

Map Reference SH75NE

Grid Reference SH79045669

Unitary (Local) Authority Conwy

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Betws-y-coed

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Brynmawr Methodist Chapel was built in 1808 and then rebuilt in 1872 by architect Richard Owen of Liverpool. The present chapel, dated 1872, is built in the Lombardic/ Italian style of the gable entry type, with a large arch & triple window in main facade.

RCAHMW, September 2009

Archive Records