Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TY MAWR WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, SARN-MELLTEYRN, BRYNCROES

Site Details



NPRN 6764

Map Reference SH23SW

Grid Reference SH2279932237

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Botwnnog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ty Mawr Methodist Chapel was built in 1752, modified 1799-1801, rebuilt in 1840 and moified again in 1858. The present chapel, dated 1840, is built in the Vernacular style of the long-wall entry type. The chapel is now Grade 2 listed, with a good interior, many original fittings and an integral chapel house.

RCAHMW, September 2009

Archive Records