Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SALEM WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, SALEM TERRACE;LLIENIAU UCHAF, PWLLHELI

Site Details



NPRN 6804

Map Reference SH33NE

Grid Reference SH3734935241

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Pwllheli

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Salem Methodist Chapel was built in 1862 by architect Thomas Thomas of landore. The chapel was later remodelled/enlarged in 1893 but severely damaged in an arson attack in 1913. Salem reopened in 1915. The present chapel, dated 1893, is built in the Classical style of the gable entry type and is now Grade 2 listed.

RCAHMW, September 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records