Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CWMSTRADLLYN CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL;CAPEL SARON, CWMSTRADLLYN

Site Details



NPRN 6813

Map Reference SH54SE

Grid Reference SH5536344200

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Dolbenmaen

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Cwmstradllyn Calvinist Methodist Chapel was built in 1888 for a community founded in 1885. It is in the Vernacular style, built from cement rendered masonry, the fa├žade being partially roughcast, with emphasised rusticated quoins. The chapel is entered via a panelled door in the side of a porch adjoining the gable end; to right of the door is a small paned window, to the front three tall paned Vernacular windows. Above the porch there are a three smaller windows, flanked by two tall paned sash windows. The left hand side elevation jas three plain paned sash windows, while the right hand elevation has an adjoining building. The chapel is topped by a pitched slate roof, the main building having black crested ridge tiles while the porch has a red terracotta crested ridge.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 20 February 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records