Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHLEHEM INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, TREFOR

Site Details



NPRN 6851

Map Reference SH34NE

Grid Reference SH3732246648

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llanaelhaearn

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Bethlehem Independent Chapel was founded and built in 1874 to the design of Owen Morris Roberts of Porthmadog. It is in the Classical style, with a cement rendered exterior and rusticated quoins. The chapel is entered via a double panelled wooden door into a porch adjoining the northern gable end. In the triangle of the gable there is a small arch-headed window with vented side lights. The left hand elevation has four tall arch-headed paned windows, and bears a plaque which reads 'BETHLEHEM / CARTREF / SEINDORF / TREFOR / (SEFYDLWYD 1863)'. The right hand elevation has an adjoining lean-to building, while the rear elevation has no fenestration. The chapel is topped by a pitched slate roof.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 20 February 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records