Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENEZER WELSH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHURCH, CHAPEL STREET, CAERNARFON

Site Details



NPRN 6877

Map Reference SH46SE

Grid Reference SH4805462623

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Caernarfon

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ebenezer Welsh Methodist Chapel was built in 1806 to the design of architect Evan Roberts of Denbigh, and a school room added in 1815. The chapel was then rebuilt in 1825, by architect John Lloyd of Caernarvon, in the Gothic style of the gable entry type. In 1875 Ebenezer was altered and restored to the design of architect Richard Davies of Bangor. Further repairs and additions took place in 1893 and a Mission Room built in 1912. The present building dates from 1875 and is now Grade 2 listed.

RCAHMW, September 2009

Archive Records