Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

REHOBOTH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHURCH;CAPEL REHOBOTH, LLANBEDROG

Site Details



NPRN 6881

Map Reference SH33SW

Grid Reference SH3221731877

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llanbedrog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description The first Rehoboth Wesleyan Methodist Chapel on this site was built in 1816 for a community founded the previous year. It was then modified/rebuilt in 1833, 1839 and 1871. The datestone in the apex of the gable front read 'REHOBOTH / T.W.1871'. The gabled front elevation of this chapel is of uncoursed rubble stone with darker stone detailing, while the side and rear elevations are roughcast. Above is a pitched slate roof with ridge tiles. The chapel is entered via a central porch with pitched slate roof and ceramic ridge tiles. The porch is flanked by two lancet arched windows with intersecting tracery, and topped by a single roundel window; the keystones and window surrounds are of dark grey stone. The right hand elevation of the chapel has three lancet arched windows with intersecting tracery, with emphasised hood moulds. The chapel house is attatched to the left-hand elevation, which has no fenestration. The rear elevation has two lancet arched windows with intersecting tracery, topped by a decorative roundel.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 2 March 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records