Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CILGWYN INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, CILGWYN, PEN-Y-GROES;CHURCH OF ST JOHN THE BAPTIST AND ST GEORGE

Site Details



NPRN 6906

Map Reference SH45SE

Grid Reference SH49465405

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llandwrog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Cilgwyn Independent Chapel was built in 1842 and rebuilt in 1870. The present chapel, dated 1870, is built in the Classical style of the gable entry type The chapel is now use as a Monastery Church by the Community of St John the Baptist and St George, as part of the Orthodox Catholic Church of America.

RCAHMW, September 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records