Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BOSRA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL;BOZRAH CAPEL, PENISA'R-WAUN

Site Details



NPRN 6932

Map Reference SH56SE

Grid Reference SH5569264022

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llanddeiniolen

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Bosra Welsh Indepedent Chapel was built in 1841 for a community founded in the previous year. The chapel, which has a roughcast exterior, is entered via a gabled porch adjoining the gable elevation. The central wooden double door is flanked by a pair of small plain recatangular window. Above the porch is a further pair of plain paned windows. The side elevations each have three tall paned sash windows, while the rear elevation has two rectangular paned windows. The chapel is topped by a pitched roof of Welsh slate with half-round ridge tiles.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 3 March 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records