Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PENISA'RWAEN WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL;JEHOFAH-JIRE

Site Details



NPRN 6948

Map Reference SH56SE

Grid Reference SH5562663986

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llanddeiniolen

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Penisa'rwaen Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built c.1828 for a community founded c.1808. The Sunday School was later added in 1872/3. The uncoursed rubble-stone chapel is entered via a pair of panelled doors with ornamented hoodmould and keystone, within a porch in the front gable, with pitched slate roof with terracotta ridge tiles. The porch is flanked by a pair of windows with trefoil arched heads, and above the porch are a further three arch-headed windows. The side elevations each have four bays with tall, narrow arch-headed windows. The pitched roof is of Welsh slate, with half-round ridge tiling.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, RCAHMW, 3 March 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records