Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

NANT CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), NANHORON

Site Details



NPRN 6978

Map Reference SH23SE

Grid Reference SH28673166

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llanengan

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Nant Methodist Chapel was built in 1788, enlarged in 1819 and rebuilt in1877 by architect William Pritchard Roberts of London. The present chapel, datd 1877, is built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable entry type. A prominent feature of this Chapel is the large arch in the facade.

RCAHMW, October 2009

Archive Records