Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

RHOSTRYFAN CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST;HOREB), RHOSTRYFAN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7050

Map Reference SH45NE

Grid Reference SH49635785

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Llanwnda

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Rhostryfan Methodist Chapel was built in 1821, rebuilt in 1837 and enlarged in 1855. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1866, to the design of architect John Thomas of Penceuant, in the Sub-Classical style of the gable entry type. By 1997 Rhostryfan Chapel had been demolished and services are now held in the vestry.

RCAHMW, October 2009

Archive Records