Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PISGAH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL, RHIW-Y

Site Details



NPRN 7097

Map Reference SH22NW

Grid Reference SH2221627867

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Aberdaron

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period 19th Century, Post Medieval

Site Description Pisgah Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was built in 1834 for a community founded in 1832. It was later rebuilt/modified in 1877. The chapel has a rendered exterior with rusticated quoins and emphasised voussoirs. It is entered via a lean to porch adjoining the gable end of the chapel; the porch has three bays, the central bay has a wooden door topped by a small gable, while the outer bays each have a small rectangular window. The apex of the front gable of the chapel has a small rectangular vent, below which is a decorated arch pilaster and datestone. The side elevations each have four rectangular windows. The roof is of Welsh slate with ceramic ridge tiles.

Source: RCAHMW Inventory Documents

K Steele, 13 March 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records