Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABOR INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, PENTRE'R-FELIN

Site Details



NPRN 7117

Map Reference SH53NW

Grid Reference SH5226639971

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Caernarfonshire

Community Dolbenmaen

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description An Independent chapel which has been demolished. The churchyard, however, remains. A white stone plaque near the entrance to the churchyard commemorates the Rev. Thomas Jones, Tabor, who began preaching at Tabor on 25 May 1853 and served that congregation and that at Penmorfa (Nprn6809) from 1866 before being buried at Tabor in September 1896.

(Source: Welsh Newspapers Online)

A.N. Coward, RCAHMW 2018

Digital Images

Archive Records