Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACL WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, PENDRE, CARDIGAN

Site Details



NPRN 7143

Map Reference SN14NE

Grid Reference SN1779946241

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Cardigan

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Tabernacl Methodist Chapel was built in 1760, and then rebuilt in 1807 and 1832. The chapel interior was remodelled in 1864 and a vestry addd in 1882. Architect Lloyd Edwards restored and extended the chapel in 1886 . The body of the present chapel, dated 1832, is built in the Romanesque style with a long-wall entry plan, but the chapel was radically altered in 1902 with a large projecting central organ chamber, flanking porches and new stucco cladding. In 1986 further alterations took place when the steep pyramid roof was removd and replaced with a simplified roofline.

RCAHMW, Octobr 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records