Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHESDA CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), LLANDDEWI BREFI

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2021. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7240

Map Reference SN65NE

Grid Reference SN66235540

Unitary (Local) Authority Ceredigion

Old County Cardiganshire

Community Llanddewi Brefi

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethesda Methodist Chapel was built in 1780, rebuilt in 1826, enlarged in 1848. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1873, by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore, in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. Bethesda is now Grade 2 listed as an unusually large, elaborate and well-preserved rural chapel.

RCAHMW, November 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records