Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

GORPHWYSFA WELSH WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL, HILL STREET, CEFN-MAWR

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7550

Map Reference SJ24SE

Grid Reference SJ27854216

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Cefn

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Gorphwysfa Methodist Chapel was first built in 1815 and rebuilt in 1828,1838 and again in 1869. The final chapel was built to the design of architect Richard Owen of Liverpool, in the Simple Round-Headed style of the long-wall entry type. A sunday school was added in 1899 but the chapel was demolished c.2000.

RCAHMW, December 2009