Lon Swan Independent Chapel was built in 1742, altered in 1812 and rebuilt in 1839. Cadw suggests that a new Italianate facade was constructed c.1880 . A manse was added in 1880 and a schoolroom 1907. The present chapel, dated 1839, is built in the Classical style of the gable-entry type. Lon Swan is now Grade 2 Listed as a fine Mid-Victorian chapel with a bold and well-detailed facade and a good galleried interior.
RCAHMW, December 2009