Capel Mawr Methodist Chapel was built in 1793, enlarged in 1805 and 1813, and then rebuilt in 1829. A schoolroom and vestry were added in 1867. The chapel was rebuilt and enlarged again in 1880, to the design of architect Richard Owen of Liverpool, with further additions in 1892 by architect Richard Davies of Bangor. The present chapel, dated 1880, is built in the Classical style of the long-wall entry type. Capel Mawr is Grade 2 Listed as a particularly fine late nineteenth century chapel with good original character and a fine interior.
RCAHMW, December 2009