Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MOREIA WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL;MORIAH, GLAN CONWY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7789

Map Reference SH87NW

Grid Reference SH82757505

Unitary (Local) Authority Conwy

Old County Denbighshire

Community Llansanffraid Glan Conwy

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Moreia Methodist Chapel was built in 1826 and rebuilt in 1856 to the design of architect William Owen of Llanrwst. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1877, to the design of architect Richard Davies of Bangor, and modified in 1906 by architect Thomas Parry of Colwyn Bay. The present chapel, dated 1877, is built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable-entry type.

RCAHMW, December 2009

Archive Records