Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PENYBRYN (1), (2) AND (3) WELSH METHODIST CHAPEL (WELSH WESLEYAN;MINERA), MWNGLAWDD, MINERA

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7825

Map Reference SJ25SE

Grid Reference SJ26635197

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Minera

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Penbryn Methodist Chapel was built in 1804, rebuilt in 1860 and again in 1902. The final chapel, dated 1902, was built in the Sub-Classical style with a gable-entry plan, by architect W.O. Jones of Bangor. Penbryn closed c.1980 and stood disused.

RCAHMW, December 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites