Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHEL WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL (ADDOLDY-YR-ANNIBYNWYR), RHYDLYDAN ROAD, PENTREFOELAS

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7828

Map Reference SH85SE

Grid Reference SH88635094

Unitary (Local) Authority Conwy

Old County Denbighshire

Community Pentrefoelas

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethel Independent Chapel was built in 1810, enlarged in 1838 and rebuilt in 1882. The present chapel, dated 1882, was designed by architect Hugh Owen.
A caretakers house was added in the mid nineteenth century and a school and tachers house in 1903. Bethel is now Grade 2 Listed.

RCAHMW, December 2009

Associated Sites