Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

RHYDLYDAN WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, RHYDLYDAN, CERNIOGE-MAWR (TO NW. OF)

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7831

Map Reference SH85SE

Grid Reference SH89315098

Unitary (Local) Authority Conwy

Old County Denbighshire

Community Pentrefoelas

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Rhydlydan Methodist Chapel was built in 1824, modified in 1856 and rebuilt in 1872. The present chapel, dated 1872, is built in the Sub-Classical style of the gable entry type. The Royal Commission on the Church of England and Other Religious Buildings in Wales and Monmouthshire in 1905 record it as having seating for 234 and having a value of £900. In 2011 the chapel was record as being disused.

RCAHMW, April 2012

Archive Records