Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PENUEL WELSH BAPTIST CHAPEL, HIGH STREET, RHOSLLANERCHRUGOG

Site Details



NPRN 7861

Map Reference SJ24NE

Grid Reference SJ29124663

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Rhosllanerchrugog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Penuel Baptist Chapel was built in 1859 and modified in 1874. Peneul was then refronted and refitted in 1891 by architect Owen Morris Roberts of Porthmadog. The chapel was further modified and enlarged in 1898. The present chapel, dated 1859, is now Grade 2 Listed for the exceptional quality of the terracotta enrichment on the facade and for its fine interior.

RCAHMW, December 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites