Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL MAWR WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, BROOK STREET, RHOSLLANERCHRUGOG;JERUSALEM

Site Details



NPRN 7866

Map Reference SJ24NE

Grid Reference SJ29084628

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Rhosllanerchrugog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Capel Mawr Methodist Chapel was built in 1770, rebuilt in 1785, refronted and enlarged in 1837 and further modified in 1864. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1876, to the design of architect Richard Owen of Liverpool, in the Sub-Classical style of the gable entry type. Capel Mawr is now Grade 2 listed.

RCAHMW, December 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records