Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABERNACL WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, WELL STREET, RUTHIN

Site Details



NPRN 7887

Map Reference SJ15NW

Grid Reference SJ1258258239

Unitary (Local) Authority Denbighshire

Old County Denbighshire

Community Ruthin

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Tabernacl Methodist Chapel was built in 1891, to the design of architects Thomas George Williams and Emrys Ap Iwan, in the Gothic style with a high spire and gable-enty/horse-shoe plan. It has a convex front, with a large front window and pyramid roof. Tabernacl is now Grade 2 Listed for its original, quirky design.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites