Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHELCALVINISTIC METHODISTCHAPEL;MOLD ROAD, HIGH STREET, BUCKLEY

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7956

Map Reference SJ26SE

Grid Reference SJ27546403

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Buckley

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethel Methodist Chapel was first built in 1812, modified in 1835 and 1866 and then rebuilt in 1878.The present chapel, dated 1878, is built in the Lombardic/Italian and Sub-Classical style of the gable entry type, to the design of architect Richard Owen of Liverpool. A schoolroom was added in 1878 and a chapel house in 1900.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Archive Records