Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CARMEL WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, CARMEL

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 7994

Map Reference SJ17NE

Grid Reference SJ16227672

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Whitford

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Carmel Methodist Chapel was built in 1814, a Sunday school added in 1862 and a new chapel built in 1900. The present chapel, dated 1900, is built in the Romanseque style with a gable-entry plan. The main end façade has tall recessed windows flanking a central recessed arch with side entry porch and ocular window above.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Archive Records