Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

DDOL AFONWEN CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, DDOL

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8219

Map Reference SJ17SW

Grid Reference SJ14117120

Unitary (Local) Authority Flintshire

Old County Flintshire

Community Ysceifiog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ddol Afonwen Methodist Chapel was first built in 1830. This was rebuilt in 1884, to the design of Mr Hughes of Denby, in the Romanesque and Vernacular style of the gable entry type. This small chapel has a central entry with a porch and flanking arched windows (clearly blocked doorways of the 1830 chapel). By the late twentieth century Ddol Afonwen had fallen into disuse.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Archive Records