Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CAPEL TEGID AND BALA WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, BALA

Site Details



NPRN 8320

Map Reference SH93NW

Grid Reference SH9271335910

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Bala

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The first Capel Tegid, also known as Capel Coffa Thomas Charles, was built in 1757. This was rebuilt or modified in 1809 and again in 1867. The present chapel, dated 1867, is built in the Gothic style with a gable-entry plan, tower and spire, to the design of architect W.H. Spaull of Oswestry. The spire was removed in 2000. Capel Tegid is now Grade 2 Listed as an ambitious Gothic chapel.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records