Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

TABOR WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL;TYYDYN Y GARREG FRIENDS' MEETING HOUSE (2), TABOR ROAD, NR DOLGELLAU

Site Details



NPRN 8337

Map Reference SH71NE

Grid Reference SH75401735

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Dolgellau

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Tabor Independent Chapel was first built in 1792 as a Friends' Meeting House, by the Quaker landowners, Dorothy & Rowland Owen, to serve the Quaker Meeting which had previously met at their home, Tyddyn y Garreg. The Meeting was discontinued in 1845 and the building bought by the Welsh Independents whi in 1847 converted it to Tabor Chapel. The present chapel, dated c.1850, is built in the Vernacular style with a gable-entry plan.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Archive Records

Associated Sites