Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CERNYW WELSH BAPTIST CHAPEL, LONDON ROAD, CORWEN

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2019. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8346

Map Reference SJ04SE

Grid Reference SJ08094340

Unitary (Local) Authority Denbighshire

Old County Merioneth

Community Corwen

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Cernyw Welsh Baptist Chapel was designed by architect Richard Owen of Liverpool and built in 1878, to replace an earlier chapel of 1865. The walls are faced in a late twentieth century textured cladding, disguised all the nineteenth century features so that the building's present appearance is Sub-Classical. The chapel has undergone several late twentieth century alterations, including a central porch and a slate plaque in the gable inscribed: "Cernyw/ Addoldy/ y/ Bedyddwyr". A pair of single-light round-arched window lights are situated over the porch and in the left-hand return there are four flat-headed windows.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records