Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PENYRESGYNFA INDEPENDENT CHAPEL (PENYSGYNFA FACH), PENYSGYNFA, NANNAU ESTATE, DOLGELLAU

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8357

Map Reference SH71NW

Grid Reference SH7015

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Dolgellau

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Penyresgynfa Independent Chapel was a c.1850 long house/farmhouse adapted as a Meeting House. The house was also used by the Womens Institute from 1920. The Meeting House closed c.1960. By the late twentieth century the House had been much altered and converted for residential use.

RCAHMW, January 2010

Archive Records