Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

ENGLISH CONGREGATIONAL CHURCH, CADER ROAD, DOLGELLAU

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8359

Map Reference SH71NW

Grid Reference SH7266517702

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Dolgellau

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The foundation stone of the English Congregational Chapel in Dolgellau was laid on 7 February 1878. It is stone-built in the Gothic style and has a long-wall entry in a T-shaped plan. The front gable has a 3-light lancet windows with a pointed head - the centre light is taller. It has a slate-hipped roofed porch projection on each side, backing on to a cross wing with a similar window. It had ceased to be used as a chapel by 1998, when it was occupied by a dental practice.

RCAHMW, May 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records