Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENESER METHODIST CHAPEL (WESLEYAN;EBENEZER), MEYRICK ST. AND SKINNER'S SQ., DOLGELLAU

Site Details



NPRN 8367

Map Reference SH71NW

Grid Reference SH7283917679

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Dolgellau

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ebeneser Chapel was first built in 1805 and then rebuilt in 1880 by architect Richard Davies of Bangor. The present chapel, dated 1880, is built in the Classical style of the gable entry type. It is constructed of snecked stone with ashlar dressings, and there is a slate tablet commemmorating the visit of John Welsey to Dolgellau. The building was modified internally in 1913 and is now Grade 2 Listed.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites