Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

CARMEL WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, TANYGRISIAU, BLAENAU FFESTINIOG

Site Details



NPRN 8373

Map Reference SH64NE

Grid Reference SH68734504

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Ffestiniog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Carmel Independent Chapel was built in 1835 and rebuilt in 1862. The present chapel, dated 1862, is built in the Classical style of the long-wall entry type, with a great arch in the gable, by architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. A porch and Sunday School were added c.1870.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records