Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHESDA CHAPEL, 1, 2, 3 (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), MANOD ROAD, BLAENAU FFESTINIOG

Site Details



NPRN 8393

Map Reference SH74SW

Grid Reference SH70534487

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Ffestiniog

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethesda Methodist Chapel was first built in 1819 and a second Bethesda in 1848, to the design of architect Richard Humphreys of Dyffryn. Bethesda was rebuilt a third time in 1870, in the Lombardic/Italian style of the gable entry type, by architect Richard Owen of Liverpool. This chapel was modified in 1895. The early 1819 chapel, now called St Martin's Hall, is Grade 2 listed and the final 1870 building is still in chapel use.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records

Associated Sites