Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MOREIA CHAPEL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST;MORIAH), HARLECH

Site Details



NPRN 8439

Map Reference SH53SE

Grid Reference SH5806031042

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Harlech

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Moreia Methodist Chapel was built in 1794, rebuilt in 1837, rebuilt again in 1864 and a gallery added in 1879. The present chapel, dated 1864, is built in the Simple Round-Headed style of the gable-entry type.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records