Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LLENYRCH CHAPEL, TALSARNAU

Site Details



NPRN 8442

Map Reference SH63NE

Grid Reference SH65393792

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Talsarnau

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Llenyrch Methodist Chapel was built as a Sunday School in 1861 with further works in 1869 and 1909. The chapel is thought to have been a stone-built, mixed style, gable-entry chapel, with two windows in both the front and rear long walls. It remained in use as a chapel until around 1920 and was later converted to secular use and known as The Barn. From around 1948 it has been known as 'The Bungalow' and in 2003 was still a home.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records