Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

HOREB WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, DYFFRYN ARDUDWY

Site Details



NPRN 8467

Map Reference SH52SE

Grid Reference SH5880623225

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Dyffryn Ardudwy

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The first Horeb Methodist Chapel was built in 1790; enlarged/modified in 1795,1820 and 1830. The chapel was then rebuilt in 1863 and again in 1889. The present chapel, dated 1889, is built in the Sub-Classical style of the gable-entry type. Horeb Chapel, along with the house railings and gates, is now Grade 2 Listed as a well preserved mid-nineteenth century chapel and interior, on a prominent elevated site.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records