Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

LLANBEDR WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST CHAPEL, LLANBEDR; MORIAH

Site Details



NPRN 8468

Map Reference SH52NE

Grid Reference SH58552674

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Llanbedr

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Moriah Methodist Chapel in Llanbedr was built in 1856, enlarged/rebuilt in 1867 and rebuilt in 1913. The present chapel, date 1913, is built in the Arts & Crafts style of the gable-entry type, to the design of Owen Morris Roberts of Porthmadog. Moriah is now Grade 2 Listed as a fine early twentieth century chapel with a richly detailed Art Nouveau entrance and original interior.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records