Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

PEN-Y-MEINI SUNDAY SCHOOL (WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODIST), PEN-Y-MEINI

Site Details

© Copyright and database right 2020. All rights reserved. Ordnance Survey licence number 0100022206

NPRN 8486

Map Reference SH60NE

Grid Reference SH65730897

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Llanfihangel-y-pennant

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Pen-y-Meini Methodist Chapel was built in 1845 in the Vernacular style with a long-wall entry plan. The interior is largely the result of rennovation works in 1887. The northwestern front and the north-eastern gable are faced with large blocks of regularly-dressed stone and the front wall is blank except for the gabled porch. There is a slate roof, and single sash windows in the north-eastern gable. There are two thin sash windows in the rendered south-western gable wall. In 1995 Pen-y-Meini was still in use as a Sunday School but had closed and been sold by 2003.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records