MINERA LEAD MINES: MEADOW SHAFT LEAD MINE;CITY SHAFT MINE, MINERA
Map Reference SJ25SE
Grid Reference SJ2753050930
Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham
Old County Denbighshire
Type of Site LEAD MINE
Broad Class Industrial
Period Post Medieval
Site Description Part of the Minera Lead Mines complex (nprn 33932), Meadow Shaft or City Shaft mine prospered in the eighteenth century and again in the mid-nineteenth, later becoming a dumping ground for the nearby Roy's shaft (nprn 85314). The dressing floors became buried but the shaft remained in use for pumping until 1914. Remains include the restored pumping engine house (nprn 33679), boiler house (nprn 85306) and chimney (nprn 85305), winder engine house (nprn 85310), rock crusher house (nprn 85309), restored ore house (nprn 85311) and restored buddles (nprn 85312); all are currently part of Minera Lead Mines Country Park.
B.A.Malaws, RCAHMW, 03 October 2007.