MINERA LEAD MINES: TAYLOR'S SHAFT LEAD MINE, MINERA

Site Details



NPRN
85327
Map Reference
SJ25SE
Grid Reference
SJ27025123
Unitary (Local) Authority
Wrexham
Old County
Denbighshire
Community
Minera
Type of Site
LEAD MINE
Broad Class
Industrial
Period
Post Medieval

Site Description

After the re-opening of the Minera mine in 1849 the Talyor shaft was the main shaft in use. The mine site, part of the Minera Lead Mines complex (nprn 33932), was excavated in 1993 and 1994, and is divided into two by the line of the former mineral railway. To the south of this is the substantial base of the winding engine house (nprn 85328), the shaft (nprn 85330), a capstan base (nprn 85333), boiler house (nprn 85332), a chimney base (nprn 85334) and an ash tunnel.
Source: Cadw scheduling text.

    Share this page: -