Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

MINERA LEAD MINES: TAYLOR'S SHAFT LEAD MINE, MINERA

Site Details


NPRN 85327

Map Reference SJ25SE

Grid Reference SJ27025123

Unitary (Local) Authority Wrexham

Old County Denbighshire

Community Minera

Type of Site LEAD MINE

Broad Class Industrial

Period Post Medieval

Site Description After the re-opening of the Minera mine in 1849 the Talyor shaft was the main shaft in use. The mine site, part of the Minera Lead Mines complex (nprn 33932), was excavated in 1993 and 1994, and is divided into two by the line of the former mineral railway. To the south of this is the substantial base of the winding engine house (nprn 85328), the shaft (nprn 85330), a capstan base (nprn 85333), boiler house (nprn 85332), a chimney base (nprn 85334) and an ash tunnel.
Source: Cadw scheduling text.

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites