Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENESER WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, DINAS MAWDDWY

Site Details



NPRN 8557

Map Reference SH81SE

Grid Reference SH8584914759

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Mawddwy

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Ebeneser Independent Chapel was built in 1795 and enlarged in 1808. The chapel was rebuilt in 1832 and again in 1868, this time to the design of architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. The present chapel, dated 1868, is built in a mixed style of Simple Round-Headed and Sub-Classical architecture, with a gable-entry plan.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Digital Images

Archive Records

Associated Sites