BETHESDA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, HIGH STREET, TYWYN

Site Details



NPRN
8609
Map Reference
SH50SE
Grid Reference
SH5854000815
Unitary (Local) Authority
Gwynedd
Old County
Merioneth
Community
Tywyn
Type of Site
CHAPEL
Broad Class
Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Period
Post Medieval

Site Description

Bethesda Independent Chapel was first built in 1820 and then enlarged in 1865 to the design of architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1892, in the Classical style of the gable-entry type, by architectf T E Morgans of Aberystwyth.

RCAHMW, February 2010

    Share this page: -