Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

BETHESDA WELSH INDEPENDENT CHAPEL, HIGH STREET, TYWYN

Site Details


NPRN 8609

Map Reference SH50SE

Grid Reference SH5854000815

Unitary (Local) Authority Gwynedd

Old County Merioneth

Community Tywyn

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class Religious, Ritual and Funerary

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Bethesda Independent Chapel was first built in 1820 and then enlarged in 1865 to the design of architect Thomas Thomas of Landore. The chapel was rebuilt again in 1892, in the Classical style of the gable-entry type, by architectf T E Morgans of Aberystwyth.

RCAHMW, February 2010

Archive Records