Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

SEION WELSH METHODIST CHAPEL(WESLEYAN;GILEAD;CAPEL ISAF;ABERFFRAW), BRIDGE STREET, ABERFFRAW

Site Details



NPRN 8628

Map Reference SH36NE

Grid Reference SH35516891

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Aberffraw

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description Seion Methodist Chapel was first built in 1806, rebuilt in 1851 and rbuilt again in 1887. The present chapel, dated 1887, is built in the Lombardic/Italian style of the gable entry type, to the design of architect William Lloyd Jones of Bangor. Seion is now Grade 2 Listed as an ambitiously scaled late ninetenth century chapel with Neo-Renaissance enrichment on the facade and quality internal timber and plasterwork.

RCAHMW, February 2010