Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

EBENEZER WELSH CALVINISTIC METHODISTCHAPEL, KINGSLAND ROAD, HOLYHEAD

Site Details



NPRN 8682

Map Reference SH28SW

Grid Reference SH2492881211

Unitary (Local) Authority Isle of Anglesey

Old County Anglesey

Community Trearddur

Type of Site CHAPEL

Broad Class RELIGIOUS RITUAL AND FUNERARY

Period Post Medieval

Site Description The first chapel on the site of Ebenezer Chapel was erected in 1850 and enlarged in 1859-60. Internal re-modelling was carried out around 1880 and by 1901 a schoolroom had been added on the north side. A manse and a combined stable and coach house had also been built by this time. There was a further rebuild, including the frontage, between 1901 and 1912. The main fa├žade has coursed grey stone blocks with Bath stone dressings but the reminder of the external walls are pebble-dashed. The roof is of slate.
Ebenezer is now Grade 2 Listed for the architectural quality of the front facade.

RCAHMW, June 2009

Digital Images

Archive Records